Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Path Less Followed

Years ago I used to love bass fishing but redfish have become my newest addiction. There is nothing like a redfish in inches of water with its back out and busting a topwater. That's another story though.

Yesterday I took my boys out for a ride in the Bonnet Carre Spillway in Norco, La. This is the spillway for the Mississippi River to flood to Lake Pontchartrain when the river is at flood stage. My young boys like to go mud riding so this is a good place. The thing they do not know is daddy used to do a lot of bass fishing out here and catch some very nice bass to boot. One problem, you need 4x4 to get to the ponds that has no pressure. Doing this your rewards are very high. So, taking my kids for an offroad trip turned into a scouting trip. We found ponds that were perfect for bass. Plenty trees, grass, clear as glass water, and bait. These ponds we found had no fishing pressure as when trails ended to you made your own to go there.

Next blog may be about bass fishing the spillway but with my redfish addiction you never know.

As you can tell from the pictures we did have fun getting to these ponds. I love every minute with my children and taking them out in the outdoors is a must.




No comments:

Post a Comment